Ferry Point
Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 1:52PM
Jo Giessner

1858 April 29, Post Office established as Ferry Point, Del Norte, California located where there was a ferry crossing of the Klamath River. Located on the east bank of the river eleven miles north of Cottage Grove and fourteen miles south of Happy Camp.

Richard Humphreys, First Postmaster.

1860 December 26, John Titus, Postmaster.

1867 July 5, Post Office discontinued and service moved to Happy Camp.

1887, County boundary adjustment makes the site located in Siskiyou County.

 

Article originally appeared on History & Happenings (http://HistoryandHappenings.squarespace.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.