Fruto
Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 2:56PM
Jo Giessner

1888 July 2, 4th Class Post Office established as Fruto, Colusa, California located 7 miles east of Elk Creek and 19 miles northwest of Willows. Fruto is the Spanish word for fruit. There was an abundance of fruit orchards in the vicinity.

Andrew W. Sehorn, First Postmaster.

1890 October 2, Gustave F. Behrens, Postmaster.

1891 March 11, Fruto Post Office now in the newly created Glenn County.

1905 November 30, Harry S. Gibbs, Postmaster.

1911 December 5, Hardy J. Haskell, Postmaster.

1917 September 14, Amiel Landberg, Postmaster.

1946 November 15, Mrs. Cleo L. Spence, Postmaster.

1949 January 16, Mrs. Nedra A. Wier, Postmaster.

1951 September 13, Charlotte C. Boone, Postmaster.

1953 August 15, Post Office discontinued and the service moved to Willows.

Article originally appeared on History & Happenings (http://HistoryandHappenings.squarespace.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.