Addington
Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 4:28PM
Jo Giessner

1890 November 25 A 4th class post office established as Addington, Lassen, California and named for Joseph and Jess L. Addington who farmed the area in the 1870's and 1880's. Located 25 miles northwest of Merrillville and 15 miles southeast of Hayden Hill.

Emma E. Burch, First Postmaster.

1891 October 1, William Lenton, Postmaster.

1893 April 24, Edward S. Shanklin, Postmaster.

1894 May 15, Post Office discontinued.

1908 March 12, Post Office re-established with J. C. York, Postmaster.

1910 December 15, Post Office discontinued and the service moved to Merrillville.

Article originally appeared on History & Happenings (http://HistoryandHappenings.squarespace.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.