Evan's Ranch
Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 4:11PM
Jo Giessner

1866 May 28, 4th Class Post Office established as Evan's Ranch, Lassen, California, located 25 miles southeast of Milford and 16 miles north of Summit, Plumas County per Application for Post Office. Named for Alvira Evans.

(Alvira, Alvaro, Alvano) A. Evans, First Postmaster.

1868 June 24, Post Office discontinued.

Article originally appeared on History & Happenings (http://HistoryandHappenings.squarespace.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.