Buntingville
Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 2:42PM
Jo Giessner

1883 January 8, 4th Class Post Office established as Buntingville, Lassen, California located 3 miles southeast of Janesville and 9 miles northwest of Milford. Named for A. J. Bunting, an 1878 merchant.

Abraham Alexander,  First Postmaster.

1884 May 28, Post Office discontinued.

1899 April 27, Post Office re-established with Annie B. Sharp as the Postmaster.

1902 May 3, Harriet Sharp, Postmaster.

1903 June 29, Manganito B. Bolton, Postmaster.

1905 April 12, Theodore M. French, Postmaster.

1905 December 29, John E. Jellison, Postmaster.

1907 March 15, Post Office discontinued.

1915 January 26, Post Office re-established with William H. Grass as Postmaster.

1920 August 31, Post Office discontinued and the service moved to Lassen.

Article originally appeared on History & Happenings (http://HistoryandHappenings.squarespace.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.