Cromwell
Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 2:45PM
Jo Giessner

1912 September 4, 4th Class Post Office established as Cromwell, Lassen, California located 14 miles east of Milford and 9 miles north of Doyle. Named for F. T. Cromwell, capitalist, who laid out the townsite.

Andrew L. Spoon, First and Only Postmaster.

1913 August 15, Post Office discontinued and the service moved to Calneva.

Article originally appeared on History & Happenings (http://HistoryandHappenings.squarespace.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.