Dewitt
Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 2:46PM
Jo Giessner

1903 Juy 1, 4th Class post Office established as Dewitt, Lassen, California located 5 miles west of Purser and 7  miles east of Spoonville. Named for Walter B. Dewitt.

Walter B. Dewitt, First Postmaster.

1927 November 30, Post Office discontinued and the service moved to Wendell.

Article originally appeared on History & Happenings (http://HistoryandHappenings.squarespace.com/).
See website for complete article licensing information.